July 7, 2012
Clint Bowyer Loudon
Clint Bowyer Race Summary: No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota driver Clint Bowyer finished third in Sunday’s 301-mile NASCAR Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Bowyer started fifth and raced in the top-10 for the majority of the race. The No. 15 team battled an ill-handling racecar near the middle of the race and briefly fell to 13th. Pit strategy started to take shape around lap 193 when Bowyer made a four-tire stop and moved from 13th to sixth in the next 40 laps. A two-tire stop on lap 235 saw Bowyer restart sixth and race as high as second in the closing laps. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is off this weekend but returns to action July 29 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Started fifth and finished third
- Raced in the top-10 for the majority of the race.
- Made a four-tire pit stop on lap 193 and moved from 13th to sixth in the next 40 laps.
- Took two tires under caution on lap 235 and restarted sixth. He moved to second shortly after the restart.
- Bowyer posted his fifth top-10 in 13 races at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Bowyer recorded his fourth top-five and 10th top-10 of the season.
BOWYER: “All in all it was a good weekend for our 5-hour Energy Toyota -- good way to get things turned around. After the last two weeks of getting wrecked, it felt good to get a good finish." Are you pleased with your position in the point standings? "We've been running well -- I'm not too worried about that. Certainly, happy for Kasey Kahne for winning today, but didn't need him to. That's a wild card spot that I had by points and now I'm going to have to go get me another win to have him by a win."
View the Loudon Recap Video on Michael Waltrip Racing
View photos from the race >